Friday, August 21, 2015

Rafa Siguion-Reyna ang guwapong anak nina Bibeth Orteza at Carlitos Siguion Reyna

His grandmother is the legendary singer, actress and producer Armida Siguion Reyna. Father is acclaimed and much repected Carlitos Siguion Reyna, the film master behind contemporary motion picture classics such as Hihintayin Kita Sa Langit, Ikaw Pa Lang Ang Minahal, Saan Ka Man Naroroon, Kailangan Kita and Inagaw Mo Ang Lahat Sa Akin.

His mother is Bibeth Orteza, comedienne and screenwriter of unforgettable films namely Ligaya Ang Itawag Mo Sa Akin, Ang Lalaki Sa Buhay Ni Selya Kahapon, May Dalawang Bata and the immensely popular Enteng Kabisote franchise.
Thus, Rafa Siguion Reyna, as a newbie in the entertainment industry, is a most welcome addition. In a business that gives more premium to looks than substance, this Mass Communication graduate from New York University strikes you as a mild-mannered, cerebral young gentleman. is like mannah from heaven.

His candor and wit, and magnetic personality wins you over. 
“Having a family name like Siguion Reyna like Siguion Reyna helps me a lot,” answers Rafa when asked about the advantages of havin a famous family name
He smiles earnestly and continues, :”It is wonderful have parents like them. I can approach them any time and they are my greatest resource and critics.”
“Can you imagine when we are having dinner at home? Ang kausap ko about movies is my dad and its my mom, who injects the humor,” shares the young scion.
He goes on, “After my taping and I feel that I did a terrible performance, I approach them na masama yung performance ko. They help me in deciphering my character and kung paano ako on the set and how to treat people din.”

He is currently part of prime time drama Nino were he acts as Jay Manalo’s henchman and as one of the vampire bullies in Vampire Ang Daddy Ko.
His latest gig excites him the most though, he plays a supporting role in Hari ng Tundo, the comeback film entry of his dad for the tenth year of CineMalaya. 
“It’s exciting to work with my parents,” avers the NYU Mass Communications degree holder. “How I am as a performer, and most of the things I know about life, my values as a person, it came from them. I am excited to apply it professionally.”
Being an actor was not Rafa’s first dream job, “I only realized that I want to become one, during my last year’s in college. You know, my first big dream was to become a professional basketball player.

The six-footer recollects, “When I was in high school, I wanted to be a star player. Dream ko talaga PBA. It was my mom who kept pushing me to try the arts, like dancing or theater. What is funny here is that, when I play ball, my parents, even my grandma, they were always busy. But when I am part of a workshop recital, present sila lahat!”
He shares a secret,” I had a classmate before na ang galing sumayaw, then all the girls in schooll, nagka-crush sa kanya. Naiingit ako. Kaya ayun, I joined the dance troupe first, then tuloy-tuloy na,.” kaya naiingit ako, yun tuloy-tuloy na.

Whether villain or lead, character or small roles, and even part of a love team, Rafa has no qualms in trying every thing. 
“I am not opposed to any role,” the newbie declares. “All of them pose all sorts of challenges. I am comfortable doing both drama and comedy. I am willing to take any role that comes my way.Pag artista ka naman, all you have to do is to bring out the truth sa lahat ng mga ginagampanan mo.”
Is he ready for the intrigues, “Yes, I am,” Rafa snaps quickly. “I am very grounded. I know I will make mistakes, and it is okay with them. My parents told me that as a public figure I must be careful with what I say and do and that it is important to be safe and smart all the time.”
He avers, “I know naman what is true or not. I cannot do anything about intrigues because it is really part of the industry. What they want to say, especially yung mga iniimbento lang, I cannot control anymore.”

“Mahal na mahal ko ang ang aking trabaho, I want to do good work, “Rafa affirms. “I’d rather be busy, out of the house, doing work than be at home and bum around. More than talent, more than looks, mor than anything, my strongest thing is my work ethics.
He does not hide the fact that he is currently single and that his long distance relationship with his Chinese American girlfriend did not prosper.
The twenty something Siguion Reyna does not mind doing gay roles, daring characters, bed scenes and the likes. 
“If it serves the script and maganda yung role, I will do it, I say bring it on!” Rafa exclaims with a smile.
He ends,”I am willing to do it because as an actor, that is what you must do. To give life to various characters. Any role will help you showcase your talent and gives you the opportunity to expand your capacities as an actor. Iyun ang job mo as actor, to do your job well.”

No comments: