Sunday, November 9, 2014

Billie Jean Trivia

Michael Jackson wrote "Billie Jean" about an obsessed fan.

According to producer Quincy Jones, the real Billie Jean was a stalker who did indeed claim that Jackson fathered her child (one of her twins, to be precise), leading to the lyrics "she's just a girl who claims that I am the one, but the kid is not my son."

But the song could be about any aggressive groupie, as Jackson explained:

"Billie Jean is kind of anonymous. It represents a lot of girls. They used to call them groupies in the '60s. They would hang around backstage doors, and any band that would come to town they would have a relationship with, and I think I wrote this out of experience with my brothers when I was little. There were a lot of Billie Jeans out there. Every girl claimed that their son was related to one of my brothers."

No comments: